Favorite Oatmeal Pancakes (found at www.quakeroats.com)
Servings: 12 (4-INCH) PANCAKES
- 1-1/4 Cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup(s) Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 2 Teaspoon(s) Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon(s) salt (optional)
- 1-1/4 Cup(s) fat-free milk
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
• 1 medium-size ripe banana, mashed, and 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 3/4 cup finely chopped apple, 1/4 cup chopped nuts and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
In large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder and salt; mix well. In medium bowl, combine milk, egg and oil; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix) Add one of the stir-in options, if desired; mix gently.
Heat skillet over medium-high heat (or preheat electric skillet or griddle to 375°F). Lightly grease skillet. For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter into hot skillet. Turn when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Turn only once.
Here are some useful budget food blogs for more recipes: