Edited Recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/4 cups rice
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In medium saucepan, combine all ingredients (I usually mash tomatoes with potato masher or give them a quick spin in food processor).
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 25 minutes or until rice is done. (Unless you like sticky, gooey rice, don’t take off the lid and stir at all until it is done).
- Garnish with green onions and/or cheddar cheese.
Ingredients (found at www.allrecipes.com)
3/4 cup uncooked white rice
2 cups milk, divided
1/3 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan; stir rice into boiling water. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. In a clean saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups cooked rice, 1 1/2 cups milk, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk, and beaten egg; cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
Here are some useful budget food blogs for more recipes: