All donations to the AS Food Bank will go towards food purchases for distribution to students in need.
A $10 donation can feed a student for a week and $120 donation can feed a student for the quarter.
1) Nutritious food
2) A moment to relax and relieve stress
3) Time to focus on school
4) An opportunity to reflect and plan
5) Hope that a better day will come
Since our service began in April 2011, the AS Food Bank have serviced 3,500 students with 47,000 visits. In Spring 2012, the undergraduate and graduate students made the commitment to ensure food security and passed a fee initiative of $1.81 and $.80 respectively to institutionalize the AS Food Bank.
-Toiletries (toilet paper, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant)
-Non perishable Foods, canned foods, rice, vegetable broth, breakfast bars, instant lunch items that are vegetarian (soy sauce flavored top ramen, chili flavor top ramen), instant coffee and powdered creamer, Cholula, and Tapatio
The AS Food Bank is also taking grocery bags donations! If you have any around your house that you are not using, please come and drop them off, we are located on the 3rd floor of the UCEN.
Donation Bin Locations
- Financial Aid Office
- Student Resource Building – Office of Student Life (second floor)
- Student Health
- Education Building
- Ellison Hall, 3rd floor in the mail room
- Associated Students Main Office
- Associated Students Admin Office
- HSSB, in the hall where the coffee cart
- AS Legal Resource Center & Isla Vista Tenants Union Office: 6550 Pardall Road, Suite B
- AS Food Bank
If you would like tax-deductible information from Associated Students for your monetary donations. Please email Cindy Lopez at email@example.com. Thank you so much for your support!
Additional donation bins may be seen throughout campus for the rest of the year. Please continue to support this cause, and remember: “One Can, One Person can make a difference in many lives”